Friday, December 19, 2014

Today I lost my mind


Today I lost my mind:
  

It was one of those days when the terrible 2's seem a little more whiney. The screeches were like nails on a chalkboard . The baby wanted to nurse all day long. The laundry needed to be folded. Dishes are still sitting in my sink, toys are on the floor and clothes is thrown in the bedroom. 

I'm tired.

Today, I openly wished I was working mom again. I yurned for the adult communication. I wanted to talk to someone about anything other than timeout and clean up. 

Then something happened. My son saw my dispear and he came over and kissed me on the cheek and said "don't worry mom it's okay, I love you." In that moment in that instant I knew that no matter how I felt my children knew I was trying to be the best mom I can be.

Lord knows I'm not the stylish mom, with the latest skinny jeans and flats, with the perfect hair. I'm more the mom in yoga pants or the baggy sweats with the knotted hair and yesterday's make up. 

I'm okay with that, cause my children know I love them ❤️







No comments:

Post a Comment