Thursday, December 18, 2014

when your body fails you part 1

I have 2 beautiful children.

One off the wall 2 year old and a beautiful BLUE EYED 6 month old (who is technically a 3 month old.)  

This is my story about my our Journey.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

It was a summer.
It was a Monday and I felt like poo!
I was achy.
I was moody.
I wanted to crawl in bed.

Work could not end fast enough. I picked him up my son and drove him home. I was irritated with everything. I couldnt wait for 630 so I could put him to bed. As luck would have it, he wasnt having it. My husband came home at 930 and I handed Cam over.

 I couldnt take it anymore.

I was feverish. I was achy and I covered my head as to drown out the cries of my soon to be 2 year old. Around 11pm my son fell asleep and my husband who was defeated by the toddler lay down next to him.

That's when it hit me like a bolt of lightening straight to the stomach UTERUS! It was my first contraction. FIGHT or FLIGHT kicked in. I was mortified. I calmed down thinking it was those damn braxton/hicks. Then the next one struck. I froze in sheer terror.

My husband lay sound asleep next to the toddler.

I got up hoping I just needed a glass of water (maybe I was dehydrated.)

I went potty, and there in all its glory was my MUCUS PLUG!

Well damn!

I knew it I was in labor mode. But I couldnt be I am only 27 weeks. I fought with myself.  Its in my head I know it. Nope there is another contraction. Shooot! What do I do.

My husband woke to me pacing the bedroom. It was 1 am. "what in the heck are you doing?!" "I think I'm in labor" I reply. "You're only 14 weeks" he says sleepily. "27" I reply hastily. 

We went back and fourth til I called the doctor.

At 2 am we decided I should go get checked.

I packed a bag for our son to stay at my in laws and on our way went.

30 minutes to the hospital.

Its is now 3am and I felt guilty for waking my boys up, what if it was false. BAMMMM another contraction. 3 minutes apart.

We got to the hospital and I bolted to the maternity. 

The delivery nurses were standing there at the front desk. All looking at me and one asked me to sign in and for my insurance card. I grab the pen and doubled over another strike from contractions.

"How far along are you honey?" one nursed asked. "27 Weeks" I respond. Like mad men the woman practically carry me to a room. 

8cm dialted one yells.  Call her Doctor now! Get the C-section room ready! Call NICU!

It happened so fast.

It was 330am and I was scared shitless...

No comments:

Post a Comment